Saturday, 29 March 2014
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net
A mother daughter relationship starts from the day a mom-to-be starts buying pretty frocks for her baby girl. It takes a new turn when that baby girl actually comes into your life. The whole world turns pink for you especially if you are a first time mom.You promise yourself that you will give her the best of everything and raise like a princess ; infact better than that. You make sure that she gets into the best school and is the best dressed kid in her circle. Brushing aside the sad feeling that when she grows up,she will move to some other place after getting married;you just want to make her a responsible and respectable young woman when she grows up.
I am a staunch believer of the fact that daughters are a blessing and those who have even one daughter are truly blessed as they are the most loveable and caring creatures on the earth. A daughter is her mother's best friend. Daughters have a strange emotional link with their parents. When my daughter hugs me, I feel like I am the luckiest person to have such an adorable daughter. No matter how angry I am, my heart just melts when I am greeted by the cute smiling face of my daughter.
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net
Becoming a mother makes you super sensitive to things you wouldn't give a damn before stepping into this world of motherhood. You find yourself shedding tears on the pain of those kids who you have never met but just saw their pics on television. The mere thought of a pain suffered by any kid makes a mother sad. Such is the unique feeling of being a mother.
Motherhood is no doubt the purest relation on this earth. My mother has supported me all my life and continues to do so. She is one relation who doesn't demand sorry from me even if I misbehave as I know she loves me more than I love her. And I hope to do the same for my daughter as we, the moms need to be a strong role models for our little girls so that they can proudly say to their kids that my mom loved me the most and I know that she was and would always be there for me!
Sunday, 23 March 2014
Goody Bags is a term with which I first became acquainted when I was six years old and I attended a birthday party with my parents( when my father was posted abroad) but I understood its real meaning when my daughter started her preschool. When your child is 2-3 years old then she is least bothered about the things that are in birthday goody bags but as soon as she becomes a year or two older, the first thing you listen is that your kid wants gender specific and really nice goody bags for her friends. If Barbie is your girl's favorite cartoon character then you can't give that goody bag to boys in the class and if Ben 10 is your boy's favorite cartoon character, then you have to buy separate goody bags for girls. One thing that excites the children the most while going to any birthday party is no doubt the goody bag that they are going to receive at the party.
Mostly parents especially mothers make sure to make their kids happy by buying things of their kid's choice for the goody bags he has to present to his friends on his birthday. Money is spent frivolously on birthdays these days. Goody bags nowadays mean a status symbol for many parents. Birthdays are considered incomplete without goody bags. Goody bags or Birthday giveaways are no doubt a source of happiness for kids but I believe that they should be made with love while considering the things that would make the children actually happy without considering their brand value.Saying this, I am also against the useless things which are nothing but only crap or junk. Good things don't necessarily have to be exorbitant. People go over the board to buy expensive items as the birthday giveaways in order to make their kid's birthday the most talked about birthday in their circle.
In my opinion, for making an ideal goody bag (which is also economical) for kids 3-6 years old , you can put the following things:
- A small pack of color pencils and a small coloring book
- Chips and a small pack of biscuits/ a chocolate/ a lolly pop
- Eraser and a Sharpener or a small writing pad
- Two or three writing pencils
I haven't included juices in the above list as you would obviously be serving juices to kids at the party. Though many people put chewing gums and candies in the goody bags,I wouldn't recommend them as they won't be suitable for small kids. Some people do include items like whistles, small toys and balloons : it all depends on your and your kid's choice ( because it's her birthday!). Another option for goody bags is buying money boxes for kids which can then be filled with eatable items like a small pack of biscuits , a chocolate and any other item you wish. In this way, children would also be having useful things apart from the eatable items.
And you can always put a thank-you note showing your appreciation for the kids and their parents who came to attend your kid's birthday party.
Thursday, 20 March 2014
The first thing you hear when your preschooler makes fast friends at school and goes to her friend's house is the comparison between her room and her friend's room. You get to hear that your daughter's friend's room is a paradise consisting of everything while your daughter's room despite containing every luxurious toy is empty and looks tasteless. Now here is where we, moms get to play an important role. Five six year olds are innocent little beings and obviously you can't force them to understand that their room looks the best. Here are some things which we, the moms can do to bring a smile on our kid's face.
- One thing to always remember is that a clutter free room will always look good and make the kids automatically calm so make sure that all the tiny toys are packed in a toy box or are placed in some wall hanging.
- Painting the room is an essential aspect especially when the walls are not as clean as they should be. I love feature walls and you can have them according to your and your kid's choice. You should always ask you kid when choosing the colour as the room is her place and also because such tiny things make your kid confident from the start and help in making her decisive.
- There is no need to bring new toys for a new look of the room. Yes, occasionally you can buy your kids toys but not necessarily for revamping the room. Make sure to place the big toys your kid have in a good manner. You can place them near a rug so your kid can sit comfortably and play with them whenever he wants.
- There should be always a study table and a chair in the room. You can liven it up with some nice mug with colourful pencils in it so that the child is automatically drawn towards it. I prefer study table with at least one drawer in it so that your little girl can place her pencil cases and art boxes in it.
- A well organised closet is essential especially for hyper kids. They are always on the move and the least thing they want is their clothes scattered in the cupboard. This makes them cringy. I arrange my daughter's clothes in hangers and her socks in the zipped plastic bags (these bags are the one in which kids' night suits are packed especially at next outlets) or in the bags in which bedsheets are packed.
- A bed-sheet of kid's favourite character with a good comforter is a must for any kid's room. You can even have curtains of your daughter's favourite cartoon character in her room. Plain curtains of colour of your choice also look good considering that the room is already too full to have cartoons or prints on your curtains.
- Walls can be adorned by hanging things like umbrella,bags and family photographs.