Saturday 11 April 2015

Cinderella... Review ... Part 2

Now coming to the main film, Cinderella; for kids it's absolutely charming. As an adult, I didn't find that amazing;may be it was because we knew the end. But one thing was certain;we were there at the cinema for our six year old as we hardly take her to cinema with us and it was probably her third visit to cinema and she enjoyed the most!
                                                            Image courtesy:Disney
Cinderella according to a six year old:
I asked my daughter after the movie that which part you loved the most : her answer was Cinderella as Frozen Fever was too short. According to her , the story was good because it was different as  they showed her parents but the best part was only before her parents died. Of course for small kids, digesting the concept of death and that too of one's parents is very difficult.
Moreover, she told me that the fairy godmother was not that pretty! That was also shocking for me but from a six year old, you can expect anything as children at this age are innocent and pretty clear about their thoughts .I guess it was because the fairy god mother before her transformation was shown as an old lady in rags and that image is of course unacceptable to kids mainly because they want the sparkling fairy god mother to be gorgeous while doing Abra ca Dabra. She said that fairy godmother in the story book was more beautiful.
One thing my daughter absolutely loved about the movie was its song i.e Lavender's blue , dilly dilly.
I also loved listening to the melodious song.


                                                        Image courtesy: Disney
My thoughts:
I enjoyed the movie but not as much as I had thought I would. Cinderella's connection with her parents was a beautiful aspect of the movie. Her mother's advice, her  father's love and her strong
bonding with both of them is impeccably captured.
One thing which I must say is that costumes in the movie are ravishing. Cinderella's looks resplendent in her bewitching blue ball gown. The costumes of the step mother and step sisters are equally dazzling.Step mother looks elegant yet cruel and that is due to the brilliant acting of Cate Blanchett. I really loved her acting and so did my six year old.

Though my husband accompanied us to the movie but he was indifferent as Cinderella is all about girls but thankfully, he chose to come with us and watch the entire movie with us instead of going for Furious 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment