Being a parent makes you extra sensitive to everything around you. The pain of other children also hurts you to the core. Every Pakistani was at loss of words. Deep sorrow still prevails as what kind of world we are giving to our kids. Imagine a seven year old innocent child who has just started enjoying the brightness of the world and she is at once thrown into the dark dungeon of cruelty and barabarism. We need to pray and also to be extra vigilant around us that this should never even happen again.
People often talk about the fears of the society to kids starting with good touch and bad touch.
Here are few things we as a parent can teach our kids so that they can be cautious about the people around them.
- Don't listen to strangers even if they say that your parents or your siblings are calling you
- Don't take anything from a stranger be it a candy or any other present unless your parents are with you
- Always make friend of your age as older people can harm you as well
- Never keep secrets of anybody as your only secret holder is your mom!
- Never hide anything from your parents
- Don't go anywhere without telling your parents. Parents should also be cautious of where their kids are going.
- Good touch and bad touch should be taught to kids. Never allow anybody to touch you inappropriately.
- Parents should always listen to kids and should take them seriously.
- Tell your kids not to be silent if God forbid, they face any kind of bullying or harrassment. Always speak up for yourselves.
We can just hope that the world becomes a safe place to live for children all over the globe and no child has to go through this attrocity again. May the culprits of little Zainab brought to justice
# justice for zainab