Children at two are full of energy and they know how to throw tantrums even at this stage. The exuberance is at peak and that's why they are learning to yell too. This is also a stage where they are able to grasp so many things.My two year old has just learnt few steps of dance from tv and whenever he does that, he proudly calls me saying, " Mama! "
Neverthless this stage is cute too but kids this age require lot of nutrients to cope up with their growing requirements. And especially if your kid is a picky eater, then you have lots of stuff to think like what do I make him to eat so that he gets wll the vitamins and iron from the diet.Today's kids usually have low vitamin d and haemoglobin levels and that's why child specialists give suppplements to babies and kids.But a mom's duty doesn't end here: she has to make sure that her kids eat the right food.
My two year old also loves chocolates and juices like other kids and I do give him these things occasionally.But here are some foods that I have started giving to him after doing research on internet as my child is a picky eater and I want to make sure that whatever little he is eating he gets enough nutrients from it.
- Dates ( even 2 dates are enough)
- Apple (4-5 slices)
- Egg( one) with a toast or a small wheat paratha
- Fish on alternate days( it has iron plus vitamin d)
- 2 cookies
- Rice with mutton (small bowl on alternate days)
- Spinach ( once a week ) because my son doesn't like it but it is full of iron
- Bananas (2-3) as they are full of potassium
- Home made potato chips or boiled potato
- Plain cake (one slice twice a week) as it has egg and milk in it which are super beneficial
- Milk only once or twice a day as kids this age need more solid food
- Mutton or chicken gravy with half chappati