Monday 21 January 2019

Do you read animal storybooks to your toddlers?

I really feel animal storybooks teach a lot to children. If we talk particularly about the animal books for toddlers, the illustrations are so beautiful and catchy that you feel like buying every single book lying in the bookstore.

Whenever I read animal books to my toddler, I see a sparkle in his eyes and I love when he roars on seeing picture of a lion and giggles when I say " Goat says Ba Ba Ba".

Animals fascinate kids and they learn a lot through it . I remember how we as kids used to get fascinated by animal movies be it Jurrasic park , Jumanji or The Lion King. That's why kids love going to the zoo too!

My first memory of visiting zoo is when I was six years old and I remember how excited we ( me and my siblings )were! The three animals that fascinate every kid (may be due to their size , height or power) are elephant, giraffe and lion. I also remember how jubilant we were to see giraffe eating leaves!

Now talking about animal books, though "That's not my" series by us borne is amazing and excellent for toddlers, yet there are many other books of animals too in the market with a message for children. . Like the book "Cuddly Elephant" that I read with my kids the other day, it talks about the elephant that is feeling sad about his size as he can't play with anyone but then he discovers through his animal friends that even his big size has a purpose of giving a ride for everyone in the jungle! . The book "Leo the lion cub" is about a cub who befriends meerkats and plays with them! It also talks about how one shouldn't waste time sleeping!

 I recently bought usborne 's very first words book on animals and it's amazing!From pets and farm animals to sea animals, it tells us about all the animals we wish our toddlers to know and that too with such beautiful illustrations!! . My baby is loving reading the book and so am I!

Talking about another amazing book, "Giraffes can't dance" by Giles Andrea and Guy Parker,this book is a perfect rendition of concept of growth mindset widely taught in school these days.It's about a giraffe who can't dance in an environment where everyone around him could dance so well. The feelings of dejection that the giraffe felt are so truly depicted. Kids can relate it so well with themselves as it happens at many times in school when they are not selected and they feel useless. The feelings of happiness at achieving one's goal are so rightly shown.This book is a must have for kids. The message that is depicted more vividly is: Trying again and again with a positive attitude in the right direction is the key to success.

See how lovely and imaginative animal books are!They are so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment